Nada Brahma offers Ayahuasca retreats where you get to work with the traditional Amazonian medicine and journey within to expand your consciousness and explore your inner world in a loving environment. Ayahuasca has been used for thousands of years in the Amazon and is almost always a life changing and transformative experience that leads to spiritual awakening and a higher level of consciousness that allows you to reconnect with your true self.
The ceremonies and retreat activities address all aspects of your being and are created to support you on your journey towards living a life filled with more peace, love, beauty, joy and compassion.
The loving and supportive environment at Nada Brahma and the one-on-one time spent with our experienced spiritual guides during your stay allows for a more profound experience and healing process. Click here for testimonials.
What does the retreat include?
- Transportation to and from the San Jose (SJO) airport (35 minutes away)
- All vegetarian/vegan meals and beverages - all natural and organic ingredients are used when possible.
- A peaceful and comfortable room on our 2 acre property with access to waterfalls, rivers, amazing views and nature trails
- Ayahuasca ceremonies
- Kambo ceremony
- Sanpedro ceremony
- Yopo ceremony
- Tabaco Ceremony
- Temascal (Sweat Lodge)
- Integration work with Carlos, our ceremony facilitator and spiritual guide
- Daily integration work and a relaxing day trip
Unofficial Retreat Schedule – We like to customize retreats according to the energy and preferences of the group. The following is to give you an idea of how you will spend your retreat.
- SATURDAY – Arrival day. Get to know the staff, the grounds and relax after travel. Barn fire if weather permits.
- SUNDAY - Nature walk to nearby waterfalls and a relaxing day leading up to your 1st Ayahuasca ceremony.
- MONDAY – Day of rest and reflection. Optional Kambo ceremony. Evening meditation and barn fire if weather permits.
- TUESDAY – 2nd Ayahuasca ceremony
- WEDNESDAY - Day of rest and reflection. Optional Temascal. Evening meditation and barn fire if weather permits.
- THURSDAY – 3rd Ayahuasca ceremony.
- FRIDAY – Excursion day
- SATURDAY – Breakfast and transportation to Airport.
What is Ayahuasca?
Ayahuasca has been used by the indigenous habitants of the Amazon rainforest for more than 5000 years. It is difficult to describe in words what one feels after drinking the medicine. Everyone’s experience is unique and different but one thing almost everyone experiences is the death and destruction of their "ego”. Experiencing the death of your “ego” gives you a deep understanding of yourself on a spiritual, mental and physical level and initiates the healing process of any existing imbalance. The effects produced by this ever-deepening experience can be subtle as a new, more satisfying, or more profound view of life or can be completely life changing. Since the healing of the mind can many times lead to healing the body, we offer Ayahuasca to everyone who stays at Nada Brahma for a retreat.
Who prepares the Ayahuasca?
The Ayahuasca is carefully prepared by our experienced spiritual guides who administer the medicine. This ensures the medicine is pure and done with the love and energy of the spiritual guide who is going to administer the medicine.
What should I expect the day of the ceremony?
On the day of your ceremony, a completely liquid diet or fasting (if you are accustomed to fasting) is recommended. For that reason, fruit shakes and vegetable juices will be provided in the morning and a liquid vegetable soup will be provided for lunch. You will be free to drink water until about 2:00 p.m. After 2:00 p.m. we recommend you drink water only as needed. It is recommended all herbs and supplements be discontinued on the day of the ceremony. Ayahuasca will be administered by our experienced facilitator and assistants after sundown. The effects of the medicine typically last approximately 4-5 hours. During the effects of the medicine, many experience a cleansing purge which is a part of the healing process the body goes through. It is very common to experience a slight drop in body temperature which is why we recommend you pack warm pants, sweaters and hat for the evening ceremonies.
Why do people choose to do Ayahuasca?
Many people desire to discover the purpose of their existence, to remember who they are, to connect with their true self and with God, to heal their body and soul, and to let themselves be guided by the spirit "mother ayahuasca" to show them what they need for their journey in the physical dimension of life.
How do I know if I am ready for Ayahuasca?
At some point in our lives we all will get the call from “Mother Ayahuasca” that guides and leads us to the path within. It is no coincidence that you are reading this right now. The teacher appears when the student is ready. Respond to the need of your soul and listen to your heart.
What Preparation is recommended for Ayahuasca?
Although not mandatory, it is highly suggested you suspend the following for 7 days prior to your ceremony as it will allow the medicine to work easier in your body and can improve your overall experience.
1. All alcohol and synthetic and natural drugs
2. All cold medication, even if you feel sick
3. All meat including pig, cow, chicken, bird, fish, seafood
5. Any product containing caffeine, including coffee, tea, chocolate, soda
6. All unnatural beverages, even if caffeine-free
8. Fried food
9. Processed food
10. Canned food
11. Sweets and candy
12. Sugar and salt (as much as possible)
13. All sexual activity
14. All alcohol, drugs and stimulants, including natural plants such as marijuana
Can I take Ayahuasca if I am on medication or have a medical condition?
Some medical conditions may prevent participation in Ayahuasca ceremonies. We do not recommend you drink Ayahuasca if you have any of the following medical conditions: heart problems, kidney disorders, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, you are pregnant or have any history of psychosis or psychotic breaks. If you are on any type of medication (other than birth control or natural supplements), please speak to us. With permission of your physician, we generally suggest you stop all medications for 2 weeks prior to coming to our center. With respect to the following drugs, please discontinue taking them for 4-6 weeks prior to taking Ayahuasca:
1. SSRIs and SNRis
4. Some asthma medications such as salbutamol
5. Opiates and opioids
7. Cough medicines
IMPORTANT: Please consult with your doctor prior to making changes to your regular medication regiment.
Can I drink Ayahuasca if I suffer from PTSD?
If you suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) you are welcome to take the medicine. Many people suffering from PTSD have seen remarkable benefits with the use of Ayahuasca.
What should I bring?
Because of Costa Rica’s diverse climate we recommend you bring:
1. Comfortable loose clothing and a bathing suit for warm weather during the day or for an excursion.
2. Warm clothing such as sweat pants, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, winter hat etc. for the ceremonies which take place in the evening at our ceremonial site which is located in a cooler location.
3. Walking shoes and repellant
PRICE – 8 Days, 7 Nights
- Shared Room - $1250.00 per person
- Private Room - $1650.00 per person